Sunday, January 17, 2016

I Made It!

Hej!

I'm all settled in to my room in Socialt. It's pretty large, and has plenty of storage. This is pretty much the whole thing:
I'm standing in the small hallway with the wardrobe on the left, and bathroom on the right. The bathroom is pretty funky - the shower head is attached to the sink, so I shower in the sink area. It took some doing, but I finally figured out how it works. It's a pretty efficient use of space, but I think I need to get a squeegee to help the floor dry faster. 
I landed yesterday at noon local time, after taking off from Logan at 8:35 EST the day before. The plane took off and landed early, giving me a longer layover in Iceland. The customs process could not have been easier. I had to give my passport to a customs agent at KEF, but once we got to Copenhagen I didn't need it again. I don't know if that was a DIS thing or if it's Schengen related. Both of my flights were at least half DIS students, which was fun. I met another student whose birthday is March 2nd! I don't know what we'll do, but we're definitely going to celebrate. 
The rest of yesterday was waiting for the DIS bus to take me to Socialt, unpacking, and grocery shopping - Carly, we went to Netto - then I crashed at 9.
Today we had brunch, made by our wonderful SRA Anja, then went on a scavenger hunt around our neighborhood. This was my group, Julia, Oskar, and Alex, standing outside of Socialt: 
After the scavenger hunt, Alex, Julia, Anthony, Annie and I went to Christianshavn and Christiania. This city is so beautiful - I can't wait to see it as it turns into Spring and Summer. 

Orientation officially starts tomorrow and goes through Wednesday, then classes start on Thursday. More on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment